The third edition of the hugely popular Race to the Sun takes place on Saturday, 09 May 2020 from Hartbeespoort to Sun City. This 100-miler (167km!) will put you through your endurance paces but is incredibly satisfying after you’ve crossed that finish line. The race starts at Die Oewer, Schoemansville, Hartbeespoort Dam with a neutral zone that takes the riders through the town and the tunnel. The race commences at the dam wall. Follow your pre-loaded route on your GPS along picturesque farm roads, canals and tar roads through Brits, Rustenburg and Pilansberg, to ultimately finish at the palace of dreams – Sun City. You can race to the sun either as a solo rider, a team of two or as a relay team (84km each).
Entries are limited to 2400 riders. ENTER HERE
Here’s what to expect in 2020:
- Finisher U-Flex cap worth R290
- Jetline Action Photo pack worth R320
- Free bike wash at the finish worth R70
- Awesome finisher medal
- 167-kilometres of gravel bike racing
- 5 Water points (3 feeding stations and 2 hydration stations
- Massive prize money
- Safe routes, fun and camaraderie
- We were able to negotiate massively reduced accommodation deals with Sun City, which can be viewed here. Make sure you book early as the prices increase closer to the event date.
- Transfers available for riders and their bicycles from Sun City on the morning of Saturday 9 May at a low price of R550
- Free event t-shirt worth R290 to each person who stays in Sun City and uses the transfer to the start.
Watch the recap from the 2019 event: